For more information:
(SINGAPORE and WASHINGTON, D.C. — June 2, 2016) The Secretariat for the Pacific Energy Summit is pleased to announce that the seventh annual Pacific Energy Summit, “Sustainable Futures: Energy and Environmental Security in Times of Transition,” will be held in Singapore on June 22-24, 2016.
WHO: The Summit will convene over 200 senior delegates, including:
- Admiral Dennis C. Blair, former U.S. Director of National Intelligence; Chairman and CEO of Sasakawa Peace Foundation USA; Member of the Board of Directors, National Bureau of Asian Research; Co-Chair, Pacific Energy Summit
- Tan Eng Chye, Deputy President (Academic Affairs) and Provost, National University of Singapore; Co-Chair, Pacific Energy Summit
- Bambang Susantono, Vice-President for Knowledge Management and Sustainable Development, Asian Development Bank
- John V. Rindlaub, President, Asia Pacific, Wells Fargo
- Jeff Appleton, Senior Vice President, ExxonMobil Asia Pacific Pte Ltd
- Mely Caballero-Anthony, Head, Centre for Non-Traditional Security Studies, S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies, Nanyang Technological University
- Clara Gillispie, Senior Director of Trade, Economic, and Energy Affairs, The National Bureau of Asian Research
- Mikkal E. Herberg, Research Director, The National Bureau of Asian Research
- Munetaka Horiguchi, Executive Officer for Asia and Pacific, Japan Bank for International Cooperation
- Ambassador Tariq Karim, Advisor for Regional Integration, South Asian Region, World Bank
- Roy Kamphausen, Senior Vice President for Research and Director of the Washington, D.C. Office, The National Bureau of Asian Research
- Edwin Khew, Chairman, Sustainable Energy Association of Singapore
- Ken Koyama, Managing Director and Chief Economist, Strategy Research Unit, Institute of Energy Economics, Japan
- Thein Lwin, Member, Myanmar Commission for the Assessment for Legal Affairs and Special Issues, Pyidaungsu Hluttaw
- Ambassador Michael Michalak, Senior Vice President and Regional Managing Director, US-ASEAN Business Council, Inc.
- Meredith Miller, Vice President for Southeast Asia, Albright Stonebridge Group
- Narendra Taneja, Chairman, Energy Security Group, Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry
- Cecilia Tortajada, Senior Research Fellow, Institute of Water Policy, Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, National University of Singapore
- Irshad Vaziralli, General Manager for Finance, Chevron Asia Pacific Exploration and Production
- Satya Widya Yudha, Member of Commission VII, Indonesian House of Representatives
For the full list of speakers and agenda visit www.pacificenergysummit.org.
WHAT : The 2016 Summit will discuss how countries can embrace the opportunity provided by energy abundance to deepen cooperation toward collaborative and sustainable energy and environmental policies.
JOIN: Media interested in attending the Summit or conduct interviews with speakers should contact:
Sara Itagaki, The National Bureau of Asian Research
Tel: +1-202-347-9767| Email: email@example.com
About the Pacific Energy Summit The Pacific Energy Summit is an annual, invitation-only meeting that convenes leaders from government, business, and research to explore innovative solutions to the dual challenges of rising energy demand and a changing climate. The National Bureau of Asian Research (NBR) launched the Pacific Energy Summit in 2009 and serves as the Summit Secretariat, leading the preparation for each year’s programming through close collaboration with sponsors, advisors, and leading research institutions throughout the Asia-Pacific region. 2016 Summit sponsors, partners, and collaborators include Chevron, the Asian Development Bank, ExxonMobil, the Sustainable Energy Association of Singapore, and the Center for Energy Governance and Security at Hanyang University.
For more information, visit www.pacificenergysummit.org.
About The National Bureau of Asian Research The National Bureau of Asian Research conducts advanced independent research on strategic, political, economic, globalization, health, and energy issues impacting U.S.-Asia relations. Drawing upon an extensive network of the world’s leading specialists, NBR bridges the global academic, business, and policy arenas.
For more information, visit www.nbr.org.